Let's Get FAB

Sunday, August 11, 2013

From Victim to Victorious

Date Taken: 8/2/13
Time: 7:16pm
Place: Brooklyn, New York

Outfit Details:
Top: Target
Jeans: Old Navy
Shoes: Payless
Clutch & Earrings: Ashley Stewart

"I'm poor, black, I may even be ugly...but dear God I'm here!  I'm here!"

Those were the words that Celie, played by Whoopi Goldberg exclaimed to Mista as she rode off with Shug Avery and her husband.  It was at this poignant moment that Celie victoriously snatched her power back from Mista's clutches.  For so long, she had been a victim of his verbal and physical abuse - and finally at this pivotal moment, the battle was over!!!!!  Mista knew it and Celie knew it too!

That's how I feel these days - free!!  I'm no longer bound to the opinions of people.  I'm no longer a victim of what happened in the past.  I'm no longer this insecure fat girl.  I don't have to hide anymore.  I'm me and it's a beautiful thing. 

This was my OOTD for a modeling gig.  I dreamed of this moment.  Tears nearly well up in my eyes as I hear that voice loud and clear in my ear that screams..."DEAR GOD, I'M HERE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment