Let's Get FAB

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Q: Why am I still single?

A few years ago, one of the church mothers took me by the hands and said, “Baby, befo’ God sends you the real one, the devil gone send you an impostor.”  Then she prayed with me.  I must say that when we parted ways, I left puzzled, wondering to myself who in the world she could be talking about.  At the time, I wasn't interested in anyone and as far as I knew, no one was interested in me.  Lo and behold, a year later, a guy asked me to be in a relationship with him.  On the surface, he seemed like a decent gent.  However, in getting to know him, I found that our personalities clashed.  He was extremely bossy and male chauvinistic- definite deal breakers! (I won’t take this blog post as an opportunity to bash him, because I still think he is a good guy, just not for me.)
I say all that to say, if I wanted to be in a relationship, I could be…but at what price?  He already showed me who he was, so why would I want to sacrifice being happily single just to say “I gotta man?!” *said like the girl from the Positive K video, lol* In all seriousness, one could imagine that being in a relationship with him would only exacerbate the situation and result in me being unhappy, annoyed and full of regret all in the name of being “wifed up”.  Frankly, hooking up with someone is the easy part but being in a healthy relationship is much better - and worth waiting for. 
Most often people equate being single with being lonely and that is so far from the truth.  Since I have found my purpose, being single is satisfying.  When the right person comes along - and he will- I'll know and be willing to share my fabulous life with him! *insert smile*  It's all in God’s timing.  Right now, I am joyously pursuing my dreams so my future husband will find me working - not pining over him.  When God sees fit, our paths will cross.  #dontbelievemejustwatch

No comments:

Post a Comment