Let's Get FAB

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

NYDJ Review


So I went to Macys with the intent to browse.  I repeat: I DID NOT GO THERE TO BUY ANYTHING! (I know yall have used this excuse before too, lol).  While searching through the racks, I came across a pair of Not Your Daughter’s Jeans in a size 16.  Honestly, my first reaction was “Oh great…mom jeans!”  But I ignored that assumption, removed the jeans from the rack and added them to the growing bunch of clothes already folded over my arms.  Besides, they were my size, so why not try them on?

I get in the fitting room and I’m still eyeing the jeans, wondering how they were going to fit.  I remembered hearing that they were referred to as the “tummy tuck” jeans.  So being the “plush tummy-nista” that I am, finding a pair of jeans that doesn’t accentuate that area can be a hassle. 

To my surprise, the NYDJ fit like a glove!!!!  That tummy panel/fabric in the jeans acts as a band, which holds my stomach in and gives me a nice sleek silhouette.  Also, it has a higher waist, which is an extra plus!!  So for a mere $28, I got a steal, especially since the original price was $130.00.  

Outfit details: I got the tank from the $10 Spot.  It's actually part of a 2 piece outfit I got from there.  I can’t wait to do a review on that outfit!!!!  The shoes were purchased on clearance from Payless Shoes last year and the hat is from Old Navy - clearance too of course!  (I’m ballin’ on a budget, lol!)  
Face:  I want to say that I was never into colored lips, but I fell in love with bright colors with a matte look.  I am wearing Forever 21 Matte Lipstick in Red with a Sephora Cream Lip Stain on top and I am very pleased with the look.  With the Sephora lip stain, you don't have to keep reapplying it throughout the day.

Lastly, this is my latest “unit”.  It is by Model Model Hair and it was purchased at my local beauty supply store.  Anyone that knows me, knows that I loooooove the 27 piece look in jet black, but I decided to give it a rest until next fall, and opted for a lighter look…and I’m loving it too!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment