Let's Get FAB

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Nijah Boop??!!! *originally posted on July 11, 2013*


When the thought/idea of polka dots comes to mind, immediately I think of two people: the cartoon character Betty Boop and the 80s rap artist Kwame!  I am neither of them, but today I decided to take a fashion risk and rock some polka dots –something I had never done before.  Now, I have worn a printed scarf or jewelry, but I tend to stay in the “safe” zone by sticking with solid prints with regards to clothes.  (Part of me stayed away from bold prints because I thought they made me look bigger.)  But today is a new day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

            The other day I went to my local Target to peruse their clearance racks.  Since I can fit their misses department clothes, I frequent this store to see what I can find like I do my other favorite stores. However, I didn’t go in there looking for anything in particular…but then I saw this navy blue and white polka dot dress!  I thought it was the cutest thing.  The idea of it looking too big never entered my mind.  I saw it, and for $7.48 and I wasn’t going to leave without it.  They also had other similar styles and I bought those too!  Clearance rack purchases are always guilty free! J

I paired it with a white cardigan from TJ Maxx and since the dress was kind of low in the front, I layered it with a salmon colored tank top.  Most people wear red with polka dots, but I wanted to think outside of the box.  Therefore, I pulled out my green pumps, and accentuated the pumps with green jewelry.  Lastly, my nails were polished using Sally Hansen’s Melon Sorbet.



I received so many compliments off of this outfit.  I had to pat myself on the back for being bold today.  So, to all my plus size fashionistas, I encourage you to take fashion risks.  This was my 1st time and I’m sure it won’t be my last!


Signed,


Nijah “Boop”

No comments:

Post a Comment