Let's Get FAB

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Summer of Firsts: 2013


Oh snap!!!  Is she really wearing her arms AND back out??????  Proudly, the answer is yes!!!

This was my first time wearing my arms and back out without some type of cover up/shrug/scarf.  For one, it was the beginning of summer so it was crazy hot and this outfit was too cute to have it covered up.  Not only that, I felt good and I knew I looked good!!!!!

In all honesty, I purchased this outfit in 2012 and I hung it up in the back of the closet because I wasn' t confident enough to wear it.   A few weeks later, while organizing my summer clothes, I saw it and I moved it to the front of the closet.  Then... I decided to rock it! 

What a bold move!  I'm so thankful for the mindset that I have now.  As you can see, the decision to wear this jumper as confidently as I did took guts!  Do I have the “perfect body”?  No, and it doesn't matter.  However, what matters most to me is that I celebrate my curves!
Each time I step out of the house, I want to look like I took time with myself- "hair did, nails did, everything did" (insert laugh) – because I do.  In essence, how I feel about my outward appearance is an expression of just how good I feel on the inside!  This is tremendous progress and I am so thankful that I went through the process to get to this point in my life.  I truly love the woman I see in the mirror!

In closing, I encourage my curvy sisters to take fashion risks and be confident with those decisions.  As long as the outfit accentuates your curves, then I say go for it!  So what you have some imperfections.  Learn your own personal style so you can wear the clothes and the clothes not wear you!!!!!

Outfit Details
Jumper & Purse: Ashley Stewart
Earrings: Old Navy
Sandals: Avenue
This post is part of the October 2013 DailyVenusDiva 'Thrive In Your Curves' blog carnival. 

No comments:

Post a Comment