Let's Get FAB

Friday, December 27, 2013

Pictures...yeah about that

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed.”  Ansel Adams

I used to be one of those people who would see the same person post pictures “fifty-‘leven” times a day and think, "Dag, they post pics like every 5 minutes" - until I became one of those people! (Insert laugh)  Ok, I don’t post literally every 5 minutes but at least once a week…and considering the fact that at one time I hated taking pictures that is a lot.  I make no apologies for it; I’d prefer to scream to the top of my lungs that God is good!!!

I've always been camera shy.   But here lately, I find myself snapping pics of my #ootd, #photooftheday and/or those lovely #selfie(s) - my how the times have changed!  Every time I walk past a mirror, I get the opportunity to admire God's creation- ME!  It is important to know that this has absolutely nothing to do with how perfect or imperfect my body is- what’s important here is how I feel from within.  As I flip through some old pictures, I can see the pain in my eyes and I look as if the world is on my shoulders.  At the time of those pictures, that is exactly how I felt and those feelings of being unsettled and uncomfortable stood out.  As a result of childhood disappointments, bitterness, regret and hurt, I had allowed things to cripple me and hold me back from pursuing the things that really interested me.  Also, because I lacked self-esteem, I talked myself out of a lot of things that I knew I was capable of succeeding at.  However, as my beloved Granny would say, “Aint no need in crying over spilled milk.”  In other words, I can’t go back and undo those moments but I can move forward without any inhibitions.


Thankfully, since that time, there has been a GREAT CHANGE!!!  Through picture walks, I see how my physical body is transforming.  The scale is decreasing in number and I’m also beginning to see a waist forming (team #hourglass J) !!!  However, the most remarkable change is how I feel about myself- something that a scale can't EVER measure.  I smile so much more now and it’s real!!  In closing, one of my peeps and fellow blogger Bella Grace commented on a recent pic: “Your confidence is blinging!”…and for that I’m grateful.  *reaches the camera and smiles*

Here are some of my captured moments from 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment