Let's Get FAB

Monday, November 24, 2014

A Leap of FAITH!

After months of using my hallway as a runway, I took a leap of faith and went on a casting call two weeks ago.  It was for Ashley Stewart's Thankful for Fashion event in Harlem, New York.  My intent was to show the judges why I should be chosen for their show.  So when it was my turn to speak and walk, I brought confidence with me.  I left the casting feeling hopeful that I did my best, said a prayer and made the drive back to Jersey.

Lo and behold, a few days later, I received an email congratulating me on being selected as one of their MODEL SEARCH WINNERS!!  So y'all already know the adrenaline was pumping right??  I read the email a gazillion times to make sure I read it correctly.

Finally, the big day finally arrived, so I packed my bags and was off to Harlem.  Within moments, I had to prep for hair, makeup and wardrobe.  The entire team was phenomenal!  My hair was laid, face was beat to the Gawds honey, eyebrows on fleek and the dress had my name on it!!!  I couldn't stop smiling.

The fashion event was amazing.  Recording artist Rasheeda Wallace performed; then there was the fashion show, in addition to a food drive and of course photo opportunities.  Also, as one of the winners, I received a $100 gift card to shop at Ashley Stewart - as if I need another reason to shop (lol)!

Plainly put, I am thankful for fashion, fun and the fond memories I'll always have for this day.  On a personal note, I'm also pleased with myself that I stayed focused on what it is that I wanted to do.  Yeah I've heard no's , but I didn't let that discourage me.  Instead I kept practicing and used those constructive criticisms to my advantage.  So you keep striving, believing and persevering because it's all necessary for this journey.  Besides, giving up is NOT an option...until next time my lovelies.
                                                                                                                          ~Nijah J~
Shameless selfie, face courtesy of @glambyo on Instagram.
She did a lovely job!


Dress
Hard Printed Clutch







No comments:

Post a Comment