Let's Get FAB

Thursday, November 28, 2013

The FUTURE Ms. Full Figured USA 2014

Picture this…My mom and I just finished a conversation about a recent audition.  At the time, I was feeling a bit discouraged, considering two weeks had gone by and I hadn’t heard anything.  So I said to my mom, “I gave it my all and I believe that was my best.”  I started thinking that perhaps they chose who they wanted and so I made the decision to move on.  She then responded, “Well you know Nijah, maybe they’re saving the best for last!”  I smiled to myself because deep inside I still had an ounce of hope that I would be called…Then my phone rang.  My mother looked at the phone and said “Hmm, that’s a private number.”  Usually I don’t answer private numbers but I decided to forgo that idea this time. 
Unbeknownst to me, on the other end of the telephone was a representative from Ms. Full Figured USA!!!!  She informed me that I was selected and was now an official contestant for their Ms. Full Figured 2014 Pageant!!!  I started screaming and jumping up and down.  My mom came running in the room asking "What's going on?"  Although I could not answer her right then, from the big smile on my face, she could tell what the conversation was about.
As you can guess, I am super hyped at this decision and also humbled for another door of opportunity that has opened.  The pageant will take place on April 12, 2014.  So for the next few months, I will take to social media to document my journey.  Featured below is my entry video for the People's Choice Awards, where you all can vote for your favorite contestant (hint hint lol).  
All my Instagram peeps can go to @msfullfiguredusa.  'Like' their page and then hit the like button for my entry video (and/or any of the other beautiful contestants).  You can also vote on Facebook by searching for Ms. Full-Figured USA Pageant, like their page, and then lastly place your vote.

Thanks in advance for your support!!!  I’m going for the goal y’all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Signed,
Nijah J, The Future Ms. Full Figured USA 2014
This was the outfit I wore to the audition!

No comments:

Post a Comment