Let's Get FAB

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Day Fit For a Queen...and Celebrity Sightings!!

Let me first start off by saying I had great expectations when I heard that "Cinderella" would be coming to Broadway.  Like many of you, I loved the story as a little girl, especially at the end when Cinderella lives happily ever after with her handsome prince.  As an adult, I still believe in true love but the play was about so much more.  It touched on many themes that we may encounter on this journey called life, including the following:
  •     Believe that the impossible can be possible.
  •     Being kind can change the atmosphere.
  •     Forgiveness is powerful.
  •     A dream is nothing if you don’t do anything with it.
  •     The unknown can be fearful, but just go for it!


Was it all serious?  No.  There were many comedic moments, self-reflective moments and also moments where tears welled up in my eyes.  The cast was amazing, including the lovely Sherri Shepherd & KeKe Palmer!!!  The set was beautifully decorated and the costumes were gorgeous and gaudy - 2 of my favorite things darlings!!!!  Also, they managed to recapture the fashion of the original Cinderella but with a modern flair.  

There were many twists and turns but overall, the story line mirrored that of the story book version that was read to me as a child.  I won’t get into specifics because I don’t want to spoil it, but I believe that it was well worth the money spent.  
During the intermission, I managed to get a picture in.
By the way, this peplum top was purchased on clearance from
Ashley Stewart this past summer.  A similar one can be found here.

Need I say more...simply breathtaking!


imitating Sherri Shepherd


While taking a picture of Ms. Benn and her daughter, I looked up
and said, is that Coko from SWV?  And it sure was!  She was down to earth
and she looked fabulous!! 

The lovely Sherri Shepherd was taking selfies and signing autographs.
There were a bunch of people waiting to chat and take selfies,
when I decided to take the Fairy God Mother's advice and go for it.
So I asked "Would you kindly take a picture with Ms. Full Figured USA 2014?"
She nodded and said yes!!!  Can you imagine how I felt considering a video I posted earlier
earlier about this possibility??
Here's my video.


I highly recommend families of all ages see the Rodgers & Hammerstein's "Cinderella"…and I’d definitely go see it again!  

No comments:

Post a Comment